Open Latitudes (3)
The European network Open Latitudes and its 9 partner organizations – Latitudes Contemporaines in Lille (France), Vooruit Kunstencentrum in Gent (Belgium), Cialo Umysl Foundation in Warsaw (Poland), Teatro delle Moire à Milan (Italy), Sin Arts and Culture in Budapest (Hungary), Le phénix, scène nationale in Valenciennes (France), Materiais Diversos in Minde (Portugal), L’arsenic in Lausanne (Switzerland), MIR festival à Athènes (Greece) – is engaged in structured collaborations throughout the production and touring cycles for staged works and contemporary choreography. The project is expressly directed toward supporting a young generation of artists.
The network aims to:
- Support contemporary, transdisciplinary creation
- Encourage the development of new art forms linked to the hybridisation of the performing arts
- Reinforce the touring of these cultural works
- Support and intensify collaborations between venues
- Increase established connections to European audiences
- Encourage artistic encounters featuring these hybrid art forms, in particular with emerging artists, local and regional artists.
- Give more visibility and cultural recognition to these new hybrid forms
- Circulate information and critical reflection about the hybridisation of the performing arts